Wednesday, July 18, 2007

All packed...and a bummer

I'm all packed! And it's just 1 a.m.! I'm leaving my house in 6 hours, so this will be short so I can get a little bit of sleep.

Lara won't make the conference after all. :( I'm really bummed. I guess we'll have to meet some other time.

Anyway, I managed to fit everything into one reasonably small suitcase. And that's everything for the conference AND for another whole week in the midwest with my family. Everything except the maternity swimsuit I won on eBay and thought I'd have by now...here's hoping my husband remembers to bring it if it arrives before he and our children leave for Chicago.

I'm bringing make-up. This amuses people who know me well, because I can pretty much count on one hand the number of times each year I apply make-up. Our annual family photo (Christmastime), if I'm giving a recital or performing a solo, if I have a speaking engagement. Occasionally I'll wear make-up to a wedding or a party or something, but not regularly. I'm not sure I'll wear it at the conference. I got a good laugh at myself when I thought about how I'm actually considering wearing make-up to an event that is largely attended by women.

Clearly, this make-up thing is not about making myself attractive to someone else!

No comments: