Saturday, July 21, 2007

So much to do, so little time...for sleep!

If you've been following this blog at all, you know that one of my major goals was to get some sleep at this conference, before my family comes to join me on Monday.

So far, I give myself a C+ in achieving this goal. I've gotten about 7-8 hours of good sleep each of the 2 nights I've been here so far. I haven't rested at all during the days. There's just too much to do, too many people to see, too many places to go!

Yesterday, I missed a photo (those of us who received Ripplewood Foundation scholarships were asked to meet for a photo) because I had to empty my bladder. As luck would have it, I waited and waited at the prescribed time, only to leave 40 minutes later to go potty, just before the photo ended up being taken.

I've been hanging out with my former co-Leader (slowly accepting that she's really not coming back to New York) in the evenings. Her friends are super nice and welcoming and I'm enjoying the time spent relaxing and chatting with them. I've been really good about getting to bed in plenty of time before midnight, despite how cozy and fun those late-night chats are.

Tonight is the World's Faire, where I'm hoping to pick up some fun surprises for Anna and Simon. I already have a red clown nose for Simon and a children's cookbook for Anna, but I want to find some more for them.

No comments: